Wednesday 29 October 2014

The big adventure. Day 6

Oh happy day I went to Frida Kahlos house today. I love Frida and it was definately a highlight to finally get there.
Her house, her style, the colours - it was all amazing. The house had a beautiful energy to it but also sadness. I felt very moved. 



The room where Trotsky stayed. 


 Frida's bed. You can't see in this picture but there is a mirror on the canopy that she used to paint her self portraits while bed ridden. 


Her studio. 


Dia de Los Muertos display in the courtyard. 



I took so many photos. I won't bore you with all of them. After Fridas house we went for a short walk to Trotsky's house. While nowhere near a beautiful it was still very interesting. 





After our museum hopping in Coyoacan we had a yummy feed the headed over to Zona Rosa. We managed once again to be parted with our money buying stuff. Already I am wondering how I will get it all home and we still have heaps more to see and do. I am really looking forward to tomorrow's trip to Xochimilco. 
Hasta mañana xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment